Elche Shore excursion
Departure from the port of Alicante or from the port of Carthagene.
Internationally known for its shoe industry, Elche known as Elx is the third largest city in the autonomous region of Valencia. Its palm grove is the largest in Europe and has been named “World Heritage” by Unesco.
Guided Tour Elche
Walk in the old town or “Vila murada” where you will discover:
– The Basilica of Santa Maria where the “Misteri” is held every year also declared “Heritage of Humanity“
– The tower of Calahorra (outside)
– El Palacio de Altamira, former Muslim palace and now Museum of Archeology and History of Elche
– Municipal Park.
Back to Alicante.
Possibility to visit: (Paying)
- Huerto del cura Priest’s garden
- Museo del Palmeral Palm Grove Museum (Closed on Mondays).
You can also combine a visit to Elche with a panoramic tour of Alicante.
- Meeting point: Alicante Port or Carthagene Port
- Languages: English (French, German.. on request)
- Type of excursion: Private guided Tour or for a group.
- From Alicante 4 hours
- From Carthagene 5 hours